Random Musings-Part 30- Notes on Hindu Society
1. How Hinduism is being distorted & abused left & right in name of Free-speech has been repeatedly exposed.
2. How Indian & Foreign academics try to block any serious voices trying to speak out from Indian perspective is also known.
3. The revival of Traditional education system & creation of an Indian Narrative has become very vital today.
4. It is not that such an effort was never made. We have had Independent writers, thinkers etc who have written from Hindu perspective.
5. In the spiritual realm we have Vivekananda to Aurobindo in modern times apart from traditional discourse of that of Shankara etc.
6. We have a Ananda Cooramaswamy when it comes to Indian art & culture.
7. We also have some attempts at critical analysis of foreign ideologies in Ram Mohan Roy & Swami Dayananda.
8. In modern times, Ram Swarup,Sita Ram Goel, Arun Shourie tried to create an Indian perspective in India.
9. Rajiv Malhotra & others are trying to turn the table in America.
10. But, All these efforts have come from Individuals or a small group of few people.
11. There is a lack of mass effort or major changes, because there is no interest or leanings for these issues among masses.
12. Common people know only to rise a hue & cry, demand for ban etc and then become silent.
13. The root cause of all these problems not just a lack of Indian Narrative. But, a lack of sense of Dharma.
14. More impt than protesting against book or creating a narrative to counter is to Practice the tenets of dharma that you want to defend.
15. Sanatana Dharma have always been criticized from one or other.
16. From Charvakas of the old to Dr. Ambedkar who wrote Riddles of Hinduism.
17. Wendy & her Children are only a recent version of those criticizers who have been present for long.
18. The only difference is, previously, people practiced their Dharma. Everybody knew their Dharma & Implemented it. Hence, we were strong.
19. An elephant does not respond to barks of a Dog. And the strength of elephant is attained by practice of Dharma alone.
20. But, today we do not even implement the most basic tenets of Dharma like Truth, Non-Stealing, Self Control, Non-Violence etc.
21. Being overcome with greed & selfishness, the majority of society has forsaken Dharma. We talk of rights & not duties.
22. We have forsaken our own cherished values,cherished way of life,cherished ideals of life & hence also the cherished Systems of society.
23. The fall of Hindus or even Indians is rooted in this forsaken of Dharma. And a rise will also result from revival of Dharma alone.